President to open Udyanotsav 2014 at Rashtrapati Bhawan on Feb 15
New Delhi: President of India, Pranab Mukherjee will open the annual “Udyanotsav” of the Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 15, 2014 at 1700 hrs.
The world famous Mughal Gardens will remain open for general public from February 16 to March 16, 2014 (except on Mondays which are maintenance days) between 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs. Members of the public will also able to visit Spiritual Garden, Herbal Garden, Bonsai Garden, Bio-diversity Park and the Musical Fountain.
The main attraction of this year’s Udyanotsav are Tulips which will be planted in phases. About 5000 Tulips in colours of red, orange and yellow mixed with red and white will be in full bloom. Flower Carpets in magnificent designs will be also on display in the central lawns revealing the skills and flower craft of the gardeners of Rashtrapati Bhavan. The dominant colour scheme of this year’s ornamental flowers is yellow. A small cactus corner forms part of the Mughal Gardens display as in previous years. Plant lovers will be able to see a new method of soil less farming (aquaponic cultivation) of vegetables and house plants along a vertical wall.
The entry and exit for the general public will be from Gate No. 35 of the President’s Estate, close to where North Avenue meets Rashtrapati Bhavan. Visitors are requested not to bring any water bottles, briefcases, handbags/ladies purses, cameras, radios/transistors, umbrellas, eatables, etc. Such articles, if any, will have to be deposited at the entry point.
The Mughal Gardens will be open exclusively to farmers on March 18, differently abled persons including visually challenged persons on March 19 and for defence and para-military personnel on March 20, 2014.
Entry of differently abled persons will be through the main Reception of Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 19 from 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs. The Herbal Garden (Tactile Garden) will be open for visually challenged people on March 19 from 1400 hrs to 1630 hrs. Their entry will be from Gate No. 12, situated on Church Road (opposite to the North Avenue).