Who was Shikha Joshi?

Shikha Joshi was a 40 year old model and actress who had appeared in several TV Serials and Films. She was one of the co-actress in 2013 Bollywood Film B A Pass. She committed suicide on May 16, 2015 in her apartment in Mumbai.

Shikha Joshi was a 40 year old TV and Film Actress who had appeared in B A Pass

Shikha Joshi was a 40 year old TV and Film Actress who had appeared in B A Pass

Shikha Joshi originally belonged to New Delhi. She has a 19 year old daughter, who stayed with her parents in New Delhi. She has been living in Mumbai for last 8 years. For past couple of months, She was staying with her friend, Madhu Bharti, also an actress.

As per reports, Joshi had been part of small roles in television shows in the past but did not have consistent work this year.

In November 2013, she was arrested along with her brother for pelting stones at the residence of cosmetic surgeon Dr Vijay Sharma in Andheri.

In 2011, she had filed a molestation case against the same doctor. She had got breast implant surgery done by the accused doctor in 2006 but after five years, she found a lump in her breast and visited him. However, the accused doctor tried molesting her by touching her inappropriately, according to the complaint.

In November 2013, she and her brother had gone to the doctor’s clinic and threw stones after he refused to admit them inside the clinic.

On 16th May 2015, she committed suicide by slitting her throat. At around 6.30PM in the evening she locked herself inside the bathroom along with a kitchen knife. When she didn’t come out for sometime, her roommate knocked the door and asked her to open it. When the door opened, her neck was covered with blood. A bleeding Joshi was then rushed to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Four Bungalows, Andheri.

She was conscious and talking while being taken to the hospital. She told her roommate that she took the extreme step because she was frustrated and could not get any work. At hospital, she was pronounced dead on arrival and her body was sent to Cooper Hospital for post-mortem. Police have registered an accidental death case.