Patna Metro Rail: First phase to be operational in 2021

Patna: The first phase of Patna Metro Train has been scheduled to be operational in 2021. This would include 2 routes, the first being 16.9km stretch of Saguna-Patna junction-Mithapur and the second being 14.2 km long route of Patna junction-Gandhi Maidan-Bairiya (Bus Stand).

The much awaited project got a major kick yesterday when RITES Ltd (Rail India Technical and Economic Service) was tasked to assess the Traffic Flow in Patna. RITES would also prepare the mobility plan of Patna Metro Rail. A mobility plan determines the number of trains and their frequency.

Earlier, RITES had prepared the feasibility Report and Detailed Project Report for Patna Metro.

Patna Metro Rail would be developed on Public-Private Partnership mode. According to the revised estimates, the cost of construction of first phase of Patna Metro is likely to be around Rs. 16290 Crores, out of which 70% would be funded by various funding agencies and institutions while the remaining 30% would be shared by State and Central Government.